Here’s what’s happening this week and beyond:
- Monday, Oct. 2 – SUN school starts
- Monday, Oct. 2 – 5th grade field trip Newmark theatre
- Wednesday, Oct. 4 – International Walk & bike to school day
- Join one of the bike parades coming from the north or south, or just walk or bike to school yourself and join the festivities on 32nd before school starts. See attached for the bike train routes and more information.
- Wednesday, Oct. 4 – Picture day
- Thursday, Oct. 5 – Cookie dough fundraiser starts (orders due on the 20th)
- Thursday, Oct. 5 – PTA meeting
- Come hear about the fun October and November events the PTA is planning, like the Harvest Festival, Scholastic Book Fair, and Clothing Swap.
Thursday, Oct. 12 – Free Movie night, featuring SING
Join us for a free movie. There will be pizza and concessions for sale starting at 5:30, with the free movie starting at 6. Kids must be chaperoned by an adult.
Friday, Oct. 13 – No school
The Harvest Festival is coming!
This favorite family event will be taking place on Friday, October 27. There will be some fun changes this year, including a ‘Grout Gift Shop’ featuring crafts for sale, donated by Grout students. If your student is interested in making crafts to donate, please contact Natasia Chan at email@example.com. There will also be a work day after school on Friday, October 20th to prep for the big event. This event takes a lot of volunteers to pull off, so if you are interested in volunteering, please contact Julie Bolstad at firstname.lastname@example.org. Look for more information about the Harvest Festival in future weekly updates, or emails to the listserve.
We will be participating in the book harvest again, where you can donate books your family no longer read. Time to start cleaning out your bookshelves!
Join the PTA
Did you know you can still join the PTA? Join at the PTA meeting on Thursday, or just fill out a membership envelope and turn it in to the office (envelopes should be available on the PTA desk by the PTA bulletin board). Order forms for shirts have been submitted, but we will have extra shirts for sale at events. Chinook books are also still available!
Thank you to all who participated in our first SCRIP order! If you haven’t picked up your cards, they are being held for you in the office. This first order brought in over $200 for the PTA. I’d love to see more participation so just let me know if you have any questions! It really is pretty incredibly simple once you get the hang of it.
I hope you all have a good week.