Grout Elementary School is located at 3119 SE Holgate Blvd., Portland, OR 97202. The school office main line is 503-916-6209.
If you would like to connect with the Grout Elementary PTA, please email us at email@example.com
Grout PTA President’s Personal Contact Info:
Julie Bolstad (firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-703-5854 call/text). Please contact me with any ideas, inputs, or questions! My message stands, as your PTA president, I want to be an ally fighting for change and support on all levels. As a white person, I don’t always know what to say. I’m going to get it wrong. I’m going to make mistakes, but I’d rather learn from my mistakes and take a stand than do nothing. Your PTA board feels the same way. So, if you hear or read something that doesn’t resonate educate me so I can help use this platform for all of us to inform for good and for change—all personal contact info is provided.
In this role as your PTA President I have 3 overarching goals for this upcoming school year.
- Fully support revamping the Grout PTA to make it inclusive, diverse, and equitable while championing of our commit to be antiracist.
- Strengthen the relationship between the school and the PTA. We need each other.
- Pivoting PTA funding strategy and community events. It’s obvious we are not going to be able to do things the way we have in the past and we need to think long term in terms of our budget, about impacts to our community family and ways we can intelligently and respectfully fundraise in order to continue support key programs like the learning garden, tech upgrades and our teachers. Do you have ideas? Contact us!
Our Grout PTA Board Workshop will focus on how to pivot our non-profit, volunteer-led organization towards a place where everyone feels valued, voices feel heard and we break down barriers to participation through relationship building, while equity driven and strategically focused fundraising.
- Will the work be quick and nimble?
- Will the work need time, people, and community collaboration to be successful? Yep, and I’d even go so far to say without all 3 we’ll fail. Our school is crazy awesome and unique in that we have many languages spoken that adds additional layers of logistical complexity but to truly provide outreach we are going to need help.
- Will it be worth it? Without a doubt, absolutely. #priceless
My heart of hearts believes in us, and that means all of us. This isn’t going to happen overnight, and this isn’t about driving some “savior” agenda—this is about finding many ways to connect because at the end of the day the kids are what matters most.